Who's the Australian Geographic Nature Photographer winner in 2016?
North Terrace, Adelaide South Australia 5000
Australia's definitely a photogenic place, but there's plenty of competition when it comes to getting the perfect photograph. The Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year competition is owned by the South Australian Museum, where the finalist's work will be shown, as well as Sydney's Australian Museum for the first time.
Take the many entries vying for the top prize of Australian Geographic's Nature Photographer of the Year 2016. This year the winner is Matthew McIntosh of Queensland, Australia, with his incredible image "Piercing Headache."
The image features a male frog being stung by some thirsty mosquitoes, located in Cedar Bay National Park, which McIntosh captured during a road trip. ©Matthew McIntosh
Matthew McIntosh said "With my headlamp light failing, I managed to take just one photo of uranotaenia mosquitoes, also affectionately known as "frog flies", happily feeding from a frog’s head. Luckily it turned out more or less as I intended."
Finalists have been selected for inclusion in the Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year exhibition and prize winners have been announced on Thursday 18 August 2016.
Here are the winners from each category:
Overall winner: $10,000 cash and a holiday for two persons.
• each of the first 9 category winners receives $1,000 and the runner-up of each section receives $500
• there is a $1,000 prize for the best portfolio of six or more entries
• the Junior category winner receives $300 and the runner up receives $100
• the People’s Choice winner receives $500. (People’s Choice is voted by visitors to the exhibition at the South Australian Museum.)
Exhibition 19 August 2016–3 October 2016 - 10am-5pm daily
This page is also available in Vietnamese
More details on: http://www.anzang.samuseum.sa.gov.au/
Category: Events & Entertainments
Manage this page
- If you are the owner of this establishment/page/article, you can get access to a management and analytics dashboard, improve your rank and launch ads campaign. Update your page now>>>
How to find Who's the Australian Geographic Nature Photographer winner in 2016?
An easy way to find his way - The Map
Customers and Users review
Share your experience